Keep a look out for DNR staff working on Hazard Tree removal around the Indian Mission.
Fee to Trust
- Assemble fee-to-trust applications and correspond with BIA during the long application process.
- Prescribed Fire and Wildfire Assistance
- Prioritize burn units and create seasonal burn plans
- Provide certified staff to conduct prescribed burns and help fight wildfire on Nation lands
- Land Management
- Property boundary posting
- Response to trespass complaints
- Identifying survey work
- Trail system maintenance/creation
- Oversight of ATV ordinance
- Forest management
- Invasive species management
- Wildlife habitat management
- Environmental Assessment
- Conduct comprehensive environmental assessments for the fee-to-trust process, land acquisition, and land development.
- Indian Corn
- Assist tribal members by identifying lands available for their own Indian corn planting.
- Timber Sales
- Identification of HCN forest properties that require thinning or select cutting and negotiate a timber sale as part of an overall effort to promote healthy forest stands.
- Urban Management
- Apply sound management principles to areas around developed sites to reduce hazard fuels, prevent damage to home and critical structures, and provide for safer environments for tribal members, employees, and visitors to the Nation’s lands
- Outreach and Education
- Provide direct outreach and education to tribal members in various areas to promote sustainable and responsible human behavior for natural resource protection and conservation.
- HCN Geography
- Provide central comprehensive geographic database of Ho-Chunk Nation lands to input and provide information and maps for various departments and entities within the Ho-Chunk Nation Government for planning purposes.
- Land Development Team
- DNR Manager serves as co-chair on the Ho-Chunk Nation Land Development Team, responsible for reviewing and making recommendations on all land acquisition and land use activities occurring on the Nation’s lands.
Ho-Chunk Natural Resources Survey
Fire wood request.pdf
Release and Waiver Black Ash Tree-Log Removal.pdf