Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) CARES Other Financial Assistance (COFA)


Below, you will find the COFA Program Application, and options and directions on how to submit the application.

COFA Program Application


Email Option: Download form, print form, fill out form, scan, and submit to the email:

Mail Option: Download form, print form, fill out form, and mail to:

Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 640
Black River Falls, WI 54615

Fax Option: Download form, print form, fill out form, and FAX to:


Electronic Option:

Electronic COFA Application

Please see the FAQ section below if you have any questions.

(CARES Other Financial Assistance)
Ho-Chunk Nation Tribal Member Emergency Needs funding


On March 27, 2020 the President of the U.S. signed CARES Act into law that established Tribal Government Relief Fund of $8 Billion to assist Indian Tribes and Tribal communities struggling with the effects of this pandemic.

On May 6, 2020 The Nation Received CARES Act funds from the U.S Treasury Department. As advised by the Ho-Chunk Department of Justice the amount received is confidential.

The HCN Legislature approved a program to provide funding to aid tribal members through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). This will be in the form of a CARES Other Financial Assistance (COFA) distribution. A COFA program application will need to be completed and turned in to the HCN Treasury Department by July 24, 2020, for processing. The application is needed for auditing purposes and to gauge tribal member needs for other services.  

What will we receive and when?All eligible apps received by July 24, 2020 will get initial payment of $1500 by the end of July. Payments will continue in the amount of $900 August 1st to December 1st 2020.
What can we use the money for?The funds can be used for any expenses related to the financial impact you suffered due to covid_19 pandemic.
Who is eligible?Enrolled Tribal Members over the age of 18.
What if I turn 18 later this year?You may apply for the relief as soon as your 18th birthday.
How will we get our payments?Either check or direct deposit
What if my application was not received before the July 24th deadline?If your application was not received in Treasury by July 24, you will be eligible to receive the next eligible payment in subsequent months.
What if my account is closed or my address has changed.Include a direct deposit form with your application and write your correct address on the form.
What if I don’t update address or direct deposit information?The DD/check will return to us and be void and reissued to you. You can either pick it up in Treasury or it will be mailed to you after 10 business days.

Any questions call 1-800-294-9343, ext. 1245 Fax#715-284-7887 Email: