Home Ownership Program
- Down Payment Assistance $50,000 (effective 07/01/18). Down Payment Assistance increased from $10,000 to $50,000. This will help more HCN Members qualify for home loans and reduce their overall monthly mortgage payments.
- Existing Mortgage Assistance UP to $50,000. EMA assists members with paying down an already existing mortgage balance with a lender outside of the Nation.
- Home Repair Loans UP to $25,000.00, based on affordability.
- Home Ownership Program – Assists HCN members with New Home Construction, Existing Home Refinance, and Existing Home Purchases. The HOP has a waiting list of almost 2000 members. Although the list is very long, it is still important to sign up and encourage your family, friends and children to sign up.
- The Department of Housing Home Ownership Program continues to look for new ways to assist more HCN Members than just the HOP program.
The Home Ownership Division is committed to providing services to Ho-Chunk Nation Members while being mindful of Ho-Chunk traditions and culture. The Home Ownership Division will provide home-buyer education and sustainable housing programs that assist Ho-Chunk Nation Members reach their personal goal of home ownership.