To be eligible for assistance through this program, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must live in one of the 39 counties served by our 477 Program.
- The applicant must be a member of a federally recognized tribe or must be able to show proof they are a direct descendant by showing their birth certificate along with proof of parent’s enrollment in a federally recognized tribe.
In addition, the applicant must have at least one of the following conditions apply:
- Be unemployed for seven (7) days or more; or
- Have worked for the same employer for six (6) months or more with little to no chance for promotion or advancement; or
- Need retraining because of a bona fide notice of impending layoff with little opportunity of rehire in the same or equivalent occupation in the labor market; or
- Have an identifiable and correctable barrier to obtaining long-term employment or advancement.
Our program has a 39-county service area in Wisconsin.
- Eau Claire
- Fond du Lac
- Green Lake
- La Crosse
- St. Croix
What to Bring & Services
What to Bring to Your Intake:
- Tribal ID
- Driver’s License/State ID/Social Security Card/other form of I.D.
- DD-214(if applicable)
- Address Verification(if different than ID)
- High School Diploma/HSED/GED
- Resume (if you don’t have one, you will be able to create one)
Intake appointments are available Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Staff will be in the office Fridays from 8:00am-4:30pm for questions only as Fridays are set aside for office duties.
Limited Term Training (LTT) Program:
The intent of the LTT program is to provide training experience in a work setting.
Youth Vocational Exploration (YVE) Program:
The youth component is a training program that will primarily be assisting those participants who are working towards their GED/HSED/High School Diploma with gaining experience in a work setting.
Classroom Training (CRT) Program:
The intent of the CRT program is to provide classroom training to increase employability in their field of interest.
Our program is able to provide various supportive services to our clients, but in order to do so, the client must be enrolled prior to starting employment.
If there are any questions or concerns regarding the 477 Federal Program, please contact the 477 Federal Staff at the contact listed above. We are in the office from Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.