ELDER COMMUNITY WORK PROGRAM
The Elder Community Work Program shall safeguard the interest of the Nation’s most valuable resource: Ho-Chunk elders. The elder participants will be treated with utmost respect in reasonable positions they desire at safe work environments, keeping in mind Ho-Chunk elders’ health and well-being.
Participant Eligibility Requirements:
- Enrolled Hocak tribal member
- 62 years or older
- Able to work up to 20 hours/week
- Able to commit to the job up to 12 months
Participants are placed in jobs according to their individual interests. Elders can be placed into one of the four available areas:
- Hocak Language, Culture and Traditions
- Teaching arts and crafts
- Personal Care Providers for Elite Elders and Disabled Veterans
- Elders Connecting with Youth
Additional training will be provided as needed and available.
For more information, contact the Department of Labor at (715) 284-5877 or Jean.Stacy@ho-chunk.com.