Monitoring the Novel Coronavirus
Over the past several weeks, the Health Department has closely monitored the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. This includes several weekly calls with our Local, State, and Federal partners. The Health Department does have a Public Health Emergency Plan for addressing communicable disease incidents and we have practiced our Point of Dispensing plans with our internal and external partners, and we continue to work with them to address identified issues. At this time there are no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our jurisdiction. If this occurs, we have protocols for notifying our employees and our partners including the Wisconsin Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control who will assist us in implementing our plans. Please be aware that this situation continues to evolve on a daily basis so recommendations may change as more information becomes available.
At this time all employees should continue to follow the same recommendations that we do for annual flu season:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. The CDC recommends that individuals remain home for at least 24 hours without taking fever reducing medication AND who are no longer having a fever or signs of a fever (i.e., chills, feeling warm, etc.)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately discard the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get your annual flu shot.
- Take any medication prescribed to you as instructed
We have also created an email account specific to COVID 19, Coronavirus@ho-chunk.com. Emails will be returned within 24 business hours. If there are questions or concerns from other departments or divisions within the Ho-Chunk Nation please forward those to Coronavirus@ho-chunk.com . If a patient has questions regarding the most up to date travel information please see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html for guidance.