NOTICE OF VACANCIES
Veterans Affairs Advisory Board
District 1: Primary and Alternate
District 2: Alternate
District 3: Primary and Alternate
District 4: Primary and Alternate
Board members and alternates serve two-year terms and may serve more than one term.
The powers and duties of the Board are as follows:
- Advise the Division of Veterans Affairs with planning, development, maintenance, and coordination of veterans programs, which focus on providing the Nations veterans with access to services, benefits, and opportunities available through federal, state, and tribal organizations.
- Review and make recommendations to the President and Legislature on matters affecting the Nations veterans.
- Promote the views, needs, and concerns of the veterans in tribal, county, state, and federal policies and decisions.
- Provide information and personal support to individual veterans.
- Advocate for and report to their respective District veterans.